Thursday, April 3, 2008

Paper #4

I'm not quite sure whether I'll be writing a traditional paper or attempting the creative project. I still need to read Persepolis so whatever themes that book may hold have yet to enter my mind. I know some common themes that I would like to press on that have been prevalent in the stories that we have read are, conflicts with religion (I may relate this to the war in Iraq, Christianity vs. Islam), or even bullying (stronger countries demanding other countries for resources), or I might take a stab at discrimination that Middle Eastern individuals may be experiencing in the States (because of their physical similarities with those we are fighting, similar to the Japanese in the U.S. during WWII). I'm going to have to browse through my notes and read Persepolis before I come to a definite conclusion. Primarily though I am leaning towards a topic including the Middle Eastern peoples because judging by the pictures, I think Persepolis is of that region.

I'm going to focus on the discrimination based on appearance most likely, because a lot of the characters that we have read about have dealt with this obstacle.

No comments: